Management and operational support for public transport
How can you guarantee uninterrupted service avoiding the need for a reserve fleet?
Do you want to reduce fuel, maintenance and fare enforcement costs?
How can you improve timetable regularity?
Resource planning, adherence to timetable, improved safety and reduced operating costs
Tecmic’s solution comprises an integrated operational support system, aimed at all aspects of the planning and management of a public transport operator’s business. Examples of tools are multi-channel platforms for providing real-time information to passengers, or tools for the off-line analysis of data collected from the various different modules of our XTraN Passenger solution.
Optimise available resources
Tighter control over the activities of vehicle and personnel can provide for the most efficient management possible, saving on related costs. This permits ‘no backup or reserve’ operation, by acting in real-time using a regulation-to-timetable approach.
Collection of critical data for managing operating costs in real-time
Data on fuel consumption, associated to analysis of driving style, can provide improvements of 9 to 12% in fuel savings, or 5% of the total costs of operating the service.
Support decisions for correction and prevention
- Resize the fleet based on actual demand;
- Access to data for evidence in case of accident;
- Monitoring of vehicle parameters with the aim of continuous improvement (eg: comparison of fuel consumptions).
- Passenger counts;
- Precise and real-time data;
- Energy efficient driving aimed at reduction in fuel costs and improved passenger safety and comfort;
- Dynamic on-board service-related information, providing entertainment and location-based advertising;
- Dynamic information on service provided, supplied to passengers directly at stops or other useful locations;