Management of Recycling Points and Containers
Ecogest is the most efficient solution for the remote monitoring of the fill level of recycling point bins or any other kind of container
A solution of significant public interest with the following key features:
- Provides real-time data at the control centre for planning smart and efficient collection of recyclables
- Improved service to the public
- Optimisation of collection routes
- Reduced waste collection process costs
- Can provide a cost/benefit analysis of the various solutions installed in other cities
Platform for monitoring the actual fill level of bins.
Smart system for forecasting the fill level of bins.
Povides support for waste collection planning based on actual data collected from Ecogest or on forecasts supplied by EcoTrend.
- Modular solution - allows a gradual roll-out
- Access to data via an online platform or proprietary application
- Robust equipment
- Possibility of total integration with Tecmic’s waste collection fleet management system
- Indicates the number of bins at each recycling point
- Nature of the contents of each bin
- Groupings of bins and recycling points by geographical collection areas
- Indication of the battery status of each monitoring unit
- Nature of measurement (statistical) or from Ecogest unit.
The system includes a complete GIS platform showing all recycling bins on a map.
- Allows manual entering of ‘visual’ measurements
- Recording of measurements taken in the field by means of PDAs
- Algorithms for the forecasting of fill levels
- Bins which are assumed to be full are immediately included in the collection route.
- Based on specific fill level
- Based on waste type
- The system includes a decision support component
Our XTraN and Ecogest systems can operate either independently or integrated with each other.
In the case of an integrated system, a single user interface is used to provide information on both recycling point and vehicle status.
Ecogest units may be installed in any type of recycling point, each unit containing a set of batteries capable of lasting for over 4 years.
Each unit comprises a battery power supply, communications module, control unit, and short range radio module for receiving data from measuring units in other co-located recycling bins.
- Manage and control fill levels in real time
- Optimisation of waste collection planning
- Optimisation of human and material resources (people and vehicles) employed in the collection process
- Eliminate empty collection journeys
- Stimulate awareness for the need to separate waste for recycling, while avoiding bin overflow situations
- Improved recyclable waste collection levels
- Reduction of operating costs
- Reduction in vehicle mileage
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced maintenance costs
- A more eco-friendly solution
We can provide you with a demo of the system and show you what cost reductions you will be able to achieve, and implement a solution tailored to your needs with a guaranteed return on your investment.